Best Ways To Keep Your Back Strong
27 June, 2018 - 4:09 PM
Your back is one of the most important parts of your body. Without a healthy back, you would have poor posture, weak muscles, and poor joints, which could potentially set you up for serious pain and permanent damage in the long run. Here are some ways to keep your back healthy, strengthening it and keeping pain at bay for as long as possible.
- Improve your posture: It may sound too simple, but one of the best ways to keep your back strong is by standing up straight and maintaining a healthy posture, which can also maintain your joint health. A correct posture can prevent serious problems from arising down the road and will also make you look taller and more confident.
- Build muscle: Your spine depends on muscle for support, and weak muscles mean your bones will be taking on much of the strain. Building muscle through weightlifting with free weights, machines, or even dumb bells to strengthen your core muscles will mean less work for your bones and a happier spine.
- Sleep better: While sleeping more can help to reduce your sensitivity to pain, it’s also important to watch the way you’re sleeping. Try to sleep on your back as much as possible, which helps prevent back pain by allowing your spine and neck to rest naturally in a stress-free position.
- Stay flexible: It’s important to maintain a wide range of joint motion and to reduce tightness in your muscles. Any disruption to that can lead to a misaligned spine and as a result, back pain. Perform aerobic exercises such as walking or swimming to keep your joints and muscles strong and health.
- Be careful when lifting objects: When you need to lift heavy items, bend at the knee when picking the object up so the stress goes to your legs rather than your back. If something is too heavy, ask for help. It’s better to have a healthy back than to ask someone else to lift something for you!
- Get regular professional advice: see a chiropractor regularly to treat even the slightest pain or stress before it becomes a serious problem. A trained chiropractor can provide you with information on how to keep your back healthy and the best treatments to stop things from snowballing. Everyone encounters pain once in a while but getting help for it at the onset can make sure it becomes a non-issue.
Search for a clinic in your area with Honest Doctor to learn more about how to prevent and treat back pain with a team you can trust.
SEO: A Guide for Medical Spas...2022-2-18
What is the O-Shot? Is it for me?...2018-12-14
Meditation Tips for Beginners...2018-11-30
5 Major Causes of Neck and Back Pain...2018-11-23
Pain Medication vs Other Options...
Subscribe to Honest Doctor Blog
Get updates from Honest Doctor’s blog as soon as a new article is posted!
Leave a Reply